Blaugust is nearing its end, with only four days to go after today, and I’m really starting to feel it. It’s been a wonderful journey, and here are a few of the highlights and lowlights of this year’s Blaugust.
- I met a ton of gaming and geeky bloggers that I had never met before, and now have a lot more blogs on my reading list!
- I made much more of an effort to comment on blog entries, which made me feel more engaged with the blogging community. I’ve always felt like gaming blogging had very few people in its community compared to other blogging genres but now I see I was just looking in all the wrong places!
- My creativity bone has well and truly been stimulated. Making an effort to blog every day has actually encouraged me to continue working on the novel I want to publish one day (hopefully sooner rather than later) and I’ve started making some major progress on it!
- Not specifically related to Blaugust, obviously, but I got sick at about week two and it really killed my productivity for a few days. It made blogging very difficult, let alone anything else I needed to do.
- I think I missed a total of four days throughout Blaugust, due to illness mostly, but over the past weekend I missed a day as I often blog in the evenings, and on Saturday I streamed for longer than normal and was so tired I just went straight to bed.
- I feel like I should have a specific topic to talk about during Blaugust, and that they should be somewhat general. For that reason, I’ve put off doing a first impressions review of a game I’d like to share, because it doesn’t feel like a Blaugust topic. Even though I know Blaugust is just about posting every day!
All in all, it’s been a wonderful event this year, and I was much more productive than last year. I feel like I could do any challenge that comes my way now. So NaNoWriMo this year? Totally going to tackle it!
I’d like to take this somewhat premature opportunity to thank Bel for organising this, and for keeping everyone motivated throughout the challenge! And thank you to all the wonderful people I’ve met while taking part.
What’s your journey through Blaugust been like? Any highlights or lowlights for you?